Sunday 12 March 2017

Shapeways Micros

I've painted the 1:285 scale Lanchester Mk.II armoured cars and Burford-Kegresse MG carriers I got recently from Shapeways.

These are printed in FUD resin, and considering that they're only about 20mm long, I think the amount of detail rendered in this material is pretty sweet. I'd like to see how they look in FED resin, but that printing process is even pricier than FUD.

The Burford-Kegresse is the first vehicle I've modeled crew for, and I'm quite happy with how they've turned out, though I'd say that in this scale I could do with ignoring a lot of the detail I included, and exaggerating features like noses.

They're both on sprues of five vehicles each, which is much, much more cost-effective than buying them individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment