Monday 18 March 2013

Red Priest


I've had this guy sitting unpainted by my worktable for many, many years. I got him down to experiment with Vallejo's "Smoke" glaze (over his coat-of-plates), and figured that since I'd started on him I might as well finish him off. He came in a pack of two; I can't remember who made them, but I think it might have been Citadel, possibly from the Mordheim range, though I wouldn't swear to it.

The Red Priests are a fairly unpleasant, fanatical bunch who lurk about in the background of my campaign. They're cultists of the Great Old Ones, and that's never good. Fortunately, their reputation makes it hard for them to achieve any great degree of overt power, but they're the sort of sneaky bastards who get up to all kinds of shenanigans in the background.


This is the other one that came in the pack; I painted him a long, long time ago. This one isn't intended to be of any particular sect.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm in awe, basically. That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much of the credit has to go to the sculptor really. The quality of detail, the characterization in the faces, made them so much easier to paint.

    ReplyDelete