Wednesday 3 October 2012

Air/Raft

 In our Traveller campaign, our main mode of transportation (apart from our stolen commandeered liberated ship) is an increasingly battered stolen commandeered liberated air/raft.

We don't actually use miniatures in the game, but I thought, nevertheless, that we really needed a model of our trusty air/raft, so I made one.

It started life as a Hot Wheels toy that I picked up for a couple of bucks from the Warehouse. I took it to bits, filled in the wheel-wells, put it back together and gave it a new (old) coat of paint.

We really ought to give it a wash one of these days. The thing is a disgrace.

Now I'll have to get some 15mm figures to turn into passengers for it. Fortunately, 15mm sci-fi figures are a lot easier to come by these days than they used to be.

By the way... why is there a slash in air/raft? I've never been able to figure that out.

2 comments:

  1. RAFM are still making the lovely Citadel 15mm Traveller Adventurer figures from back in the day, while 15mm.co.uk still produce the Laserburn range of humanoid aliens and human adventurers. Some of the latter are starting to show their age, but they still clean up, and paint up, nicely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often wondered too.

    In fact, in our Traveller canon, spelling air-raft with the slash is a capital offense. In all races, cultures and creeds.

    ReplyDelete