Saturday 9 March 2019

Big Gun

BL-20 203mm Tracked Howitzer model by M. Bergman
Figures are 15mm plastic Soviets from PSC


"Oy! There's a sniper in that city block! Just take care of him, will you comrades?"
"OK then, do you know just where he is?"
"No, does it matter?"
"Well, no....."


I've always liked the Soviet 203mm tracked howitzer. It just looks so.... mechanical. I don't know that I'm all that likely to need a model of one for the wargames table any time soon, but the way I see it, that's not an excuse not to print one anyway.

The print is going to need a bit of cleaning up, especially the muzzle which is a bit malformed. Still, it should be reasonably straightforward. And of course I'll need a crew... I'll see what Peter Pig has that I might be able to use. I already have a Voroshilovetz to tow it about the place.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Peter,

    This looks as if it will be a very detailed print once the hiccups are ironed out, especially as there is not much to compare with it. Every Soviet player worth his salt needs one :-)

    https://notquitemechanised.wordpress.com/2019/02/25/true-north-b-4-203-mm-howitzer-m1931-and-voroshilovez-heavy-tractor-review/

    Kind regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete