Financial Reality Check

I've been doing some sums, and it looks like I'd need to sell about eighty to a hundred copies of each of my models on Shapeways in order to pay myself a reasonable hourly rate for the amount of labour put in to designing the things.

Frankly, that's looking wildly unlikely. I don't think there are enough Interwar Nerds in the world, with enough discretionary income, to make this exercise in 3d-Printed Interwar Nerdery a financial success.

I could increase my own markup on the models, but frankly, 3d printing is already expensive enough to be a niche luxury market. I'm just hopeful that the cost of higher-resolution printing comes down to affordable levels within the reasonably near future.

Ah well, for the moment I'm enjoying the process of building these digital models, so I guess until that changes I'll just keep going. It's not like it's costing me anything but time, after all.

Enhanced Interrogation Containment Module

Amongst the Reaper Bones Kickstarter III offerings is a set of pieces to dress up your friendly local torture chamber. One of them is th...