Monday, 21 September 2026

Aeroplane Display Board

 

I'm in the process of making a display board for my 3d printed 1:144 WW1 aircraft.

I've 3d printed some little pedestals, and glued a 6x2.5mm magnet into a socket at the top of each one. The models all have steel pegs in their bellies for attachment to magnetized flight stands, so they cling quite happily to the board. I'll paint it tomorrow.

The board can go on a plate-stand thing for display, or I suppose I could hang it like a picture. 

The benefit of it is that it makes very conveniently accessible display and/or storage. 


 Next day...

All done, and I whipped up a plywood plate-stand sort of thing to hold it upright.There are only four spaces left on this board, but if I get completely over-enthusiastic I can make another board very easily — it's just a bit of 5mm MDF with 3d printed magnet pillars glued to it. 


 2026-10-02

I quickly ran out of room on my original Aeroplane Board, so I added another panel.

I will doubtless soon run out of room on that one too, soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment