Sunday, 30 August 2026

Halberstadt D-II


 I printed some 1/144 scale Halberstadt D-II fighters yesterday, and they turned out not to be without issues. Issues which I didn't notice, alas, until it came time to remove the supports to reveal the printed model underneath.

Each of them printed with a semi-broken back, probably because the models were printed tail-down at about 60° to the build plate, and lacked any supports along the underside of the fuselage, so they sagged just a little bit before the upper layers started printing.

I've rebuilt the gcode with more supports in the problem area and I'm trying another one; we shall see how that turns out. 

They also all printed the tail fin poorly. I added more supports there too, but that problem isn't nearly as troublesome to me. 

They're all usable as gaming models, even as they are, but I would prefer it by far if they were less flawed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment