I recently found the home-made version of Avalon Hill's Knights of the Air that I made back in the '80s.
This was way back before computers and scanners were readily available to anyone who wasn't a hard-core computer nerd, and digital cameras hardly existed at all. Colour photocopying was pretty much non-existent, and if you could find it, it was mind-bogglingly expensive.
I drew plan views of all the aircraft with my trusty Rotring pens, and photocopied them to size for the aeroplane counters, and then coloured the counters individually with watercolours. I drew out the aircraft statistics sheets by hand, and filled them in by hand for every type of aeroplane, and coloured them with markers.
Looking back, it was an incredible amount of work for a game that I played probably half a dozen times. I must have had amazing stamina back in those days.
And now I have absolutely no memory of how to use all this stuff.

No comments:
Post a Comment