Monday 1 June 2020

Peasant Hovel Upgrade

Hovel, along with some very angry peasants.
I remodeled the thatch on my little peasant hovel in Blender using a new alpha brush, and got a far superior (and faster) result than the original. Then I split the STL in half fore and aft, and printed it so that the layer lines followed the fall of the thatch. The overall end result is much, much better than the original.

Regrettably, my desktop computer shat itself without warning, so until I get it fixed ($$$) I won't be able to update the online files. Hopefully that won't be too far away, because I'm currently having to use a couple of very inferior machines to access the internet at all, and working in Blender or the like is completely out of the question.

1 comment:

  1. Just commenting to let you know I enjoy reading your blog. The thatching looks awesome on this iteration. :)

    ReplyDelete