Thursday 4 June 2020

Comment Spam

I'm not very good at keeping up with comments on this blog — the theme I'm currently using doesn't show them in the timeline view, but only if the post is opened in its own page. However, from time to time I do remember that comments might exist, and I read them.

Sorry if you've said something profound and interesting that I haven't replied to; it's not that I'm ignoring you, it's rather that I probably haven't realised that your comment exists.

Lately, I've noticed a sharp uptick in the number of comments that are just more or less thinly disguised spam, so I've been going through and marking all the offenders. It's a pain, but perhaps if I remember that I have to do that, it might encourage me to remember to read (and reply to) the proper comments more regularly as well.

2 comments:

  1. I have had the same problem on my blog. Some spammer from india has been bombing me with three a day. Like you said it is a pain in the butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take heart Peter... When you get spammed regularly, you know you've hit the big time!

    ReplyDelete