Sunday 10 February 2019

King Worm



This is more or less a 3d doodle that I did in Blender while I was listening to a podcast. I haven't printed it yet, but I don't think there should be any problems.

It's about 40mm long as modeled, and you may want to enlarge it in your slicer to make it a bit more disgustingly majestic on the tabletop. Or not, whatever you want, I'm not your Dad.

STL is at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3416642

Next Day

I added a version with a pair of arm-feet it can use to drag itself along. This one has been scaled up 300% from the original, and it prints out at about 120mm long.

And the next...

Here's the thing, printed and painted.

It's been printed at 0.16mm layer height in white eSun PLA+, at 300% (about 120mm long).

I did quite a bit of scraping and sanding and filing to try to get rid of as much of the top contours as possible, which left the surface a bit rugged, but on this guy I don't think it matters too much. Probably a better smoothing solution would be one of the self-levelling epoxies designed for the purpose.






No comments:

Post a Comment