Friday 27 October 2017

WWII Soviet Infantry

 I recently bought a couple of packs of 15mm WWII Soviet Infantry from PSC. These are the first Soviets I've painted since some Airfix figures I had when I was a kid.

They're a couple of LMG teams, and I'm using them as testers to determine which paints and basing materials to use for all the rest, of which there are a couple of hundred. I'm happy enough with the way these look to be confident in painting more.


To be honest, I've never been all that keen on wargaming the Soviets, but my interest has been piqued lately by reading Antony Beevor's Stalingrad, and by the range of 1:100 WWII Soviet vehicles available quite cheaply from Zvezda.

The red bead, incidentally, is there to tell my decrepit old eyes, at tabletop distances, that these are LMG bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment