Friday 15 September 2017

Sacrificial Altar



This is a piece that came in the Mythos expansion pack to the Reaper Bones III kickstarter, a good old-fashioned stone sacrificial altar. Tim the Enchanter I've shown before; he's just there for scale.

This is the sort of terrain piece that comes in handy quite a lot. I can foresee getting plenty of use out of it. Unfortunately, I'm a little short of terrified and helpless sacrificial victims; I shall have to see what I can do about that.

I originally left the incised rune band dark, but I decided in the end to inlay it with some gold.

I used Vallejo ModelAir Bright Bronze, which is very thin and very shiny. I find it quite difficult to do justice to shiny things with my limited photography skills; it looks much nicer in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment