Thursday 2 June 2016

The next batch

Booty arrived precisely as scheduled on 2016-06-02.
The newest batch of prints from Shapeways arrived this morning. Three sets of earrings, some 15mm vehicles, and two versions of HMSLS Improbable in 15-20mm and 6mm scales.

There was some breakage and incomplete printing on the Improbable — I shall have to beef up the railings and steering rods a bit more to make them sturdier and more reliable in printing, and the Gatling guns on the 6mm version are going to be very fiddly to install, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. Now I need some figures to go on them. The Gatlings in WSF on the 15mm/20mm version are surprisingly decent; I had thought that they might need to be replaced by FUD prints, but now I think they'll be just fine.

The earrings are, as with all the metal stuff I've ordered from Shapeways, just great. I've been very impressed with the quality of their cast bronze, and I'll be very interested to see how it ages over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment