Sunday 5 December 2010

WW1 in SPAAAAAAACE!

Click to embiggen
I can't say I'm a big fan of Games Workshop's sculpting style overall, but I do like these guys — I guess for the same reason I like the rivet-and-plate clanking land-dreadnaughts of the inter-war period. They were very quick and easy to paint once I (finally) got around to them.

I don't actually know which range these figures come from; I bought them years ago because I liked the look of them, and I've never seen any more of the same ilk locally. I imagine I could find out if I was prepared to put in twenty minutes of internet research, but frankly I can't be bothered; the price of GW figures has always been high and these days are reaching ludicrous heights, so I'm unlikely to buy any more unless I spot them in a cut-price clearance lot.

2 comments:

  1. Dammit, them's some fine pewters! Had I been a mini'kind of guy, I'd be insanely jealous. As I'm not, I'm almost able to contain myself.

    They do look preciousss though... Almossst like a birthday presssent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are miniatures from the Warzone game. There are German (Bauhaus)counterparts as well!

    ReplyDelete