Tuesday 16 May 2023

Gladiator For Sale

 

I've put my 1:144 Gloster Gladiator model online at https://www.wargaming3d.com/product/gloster-gladiator-1144/

It's in several formats: a one-piece model (for resin printers) and two kit variants (easier for FDM printers).




Now I'm vaguely thinking of doing its immediate predecessor, the Gloster Gauntlet, in keeping with my usual policy of making models that almost nobody will be interested in but me.



Later on...

I found that I got better results when printing in resin (no distortion or warping) if I printed the wings straight up and down. So I split up the model in a different way to accommodate that, and added the STLs to the zip files on wargaming3d.com.

The sticky-outy bits are still pretty fragile with the resin I use; it would be better printed in one of the ABS-like resins I think, from the point of view of durability.

No comments:

Post a Comment