Wednesday 16 October 2024

Basing With Washers

 

I like to base my 15mm infantry on 12.5mm (½ inch) steel washers so that I can store and transport them safely on magnetic sheet. However, I don't like the big hole in the middle of the washer.

I've come up with what I think is a good solution: I 3d print a shroud for the washer on my old Ender 3. It gives me a flat top to the base, and it only increases the base diameter to about 14mm, and increases its thickness by 0.4mm. I can print an array of 25 of them in about quarter of an hour.

These figures are some US Marines I got second-hand; I'm not sure of the manufacturer, but I suspect Battlefront. They don't have Peter Pig's screaming faces.

I'd already started basing some of them, and those ones I'll just put into upside-down shrouds, purely to maintain consistency across them all.

I'll do something similar for the 22mm washers I use for team weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment