Friday 29 January 2021

Tank Number One

 

The very first tank off my Mars Pro — my 1:100 (15mm) M3 Grant. Even at the lowest possible default resolution for that printer (0.05mm), it produces a very nice, clean result. I might even be able to print some 15mm infantry that look like something more than vaguely humanoid blobs.

I dragged out some old Battlefront decals this time, rather than painting the tactical markings on. They're neater, I guess, but I think I really prefer painting them.


A few days later...

I redesigned the turret to include a commander figure poking up out of his hatch, and printed and painted an example.

5 comments:

  1. The complex shape of the turret came out perfectly, most excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic- a definite step up from an FDM print.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid! Effectively looks like a commercially made figure.

    Do you have one from the Ender 3 to compare against?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The FDM printed version is here: http://mojobob.blogspot.com/2020/05/grant-1100.html

      I haven't printed a commander turret in FDM; it hardly seems worth the effort. It would print all right, but I'd lose most of the detail.

      Delete