Thursday 30 May 2019

Square

I made this to try out the technique of impressing surface detail into foam-core, and I have to say that overall it was a doddle.

Getting the card off one side so I could score the foam itself wasn't completely straightforward though; I clearly don't have the same foam-core as the guy whose online tutorial I was following. Nevertheless, once I did manage to slice it away, impressing detail into the surface of the foam with a pencil was easy-peasy.

The cobblestones are enormous for the scale, they're more like flagstones. However, I doubt that I'll be losing any sleep over that. I'm not sure that the foam would be the ideal material for replicating in-scale cobbles in any case.

All the models are 15mm. The well and Kubelwagen are 3d printed, the ambulance is a scratch-build, and the armoured car is from Battlefront.

Exactly what I'll do with this little square I don't know, but I guess if I whack a few buildings around its perimeter I'll have an instant village.

1 comment:

  1. If you are in the US, go to Dollar Tree. The foam core they carry has a thin paper skin that is easy to peel off.

    ReplyDelete