Matilda 1 (1:100, Battlefront)

Battlefront sells their model of the Matilda 1 two to a blister, which suits me just fine. It is, as I've mentioned before, one of my favourite early WWII tanks, in spite of not being much good as a tank.

I strengthened the attachment of the skeletal floating running gear by pinning it through the return rollers. I left the pin-heads exposed, but they're not glaringly obvious. It's painted in Vallejo paints, using Mike Starmer's recipe for Khaki Green #3.

I bought some 1:100 scale Matildas from Peter Pig quite some time ago; here's one of them for comparison with the Battlefront offering.

Of the two, I much prefer the one from Battlefront. The detail is better, as is the silhouette of the tank; it requires less work to make presentable, and they end up costing roughly the same, so it's an easy choice to make.

Musings on Class

Druids? Or just grubby old men in blankets? I have a fondness for AD&D, but one of the things that drove me away from it back in the...