1:300 BE2c — finished

So, here's that 1:300 scale BE2c I had going in my last post, all painted up and mounted on its magnetic flight stand, ready to be shot down easily by pretty much anything else in the sky.

I'm still not very happy with the wing struts, but I don't think they look quite as awful under a coat of paint.

The cyanoacrylate adhesive I used to assemble the thing seems to have bubbled out of the joints and left a nasty crystalline detritus — I hadn't noticed it before I painted the model. It's not too obvious unless you're looking for it, but I'm not all that pleased at it.

Hills — the search for perfection continues

I've started another couple of hills, with the lessons of the first lot in mind. In the foreground is a long (about 800–900mm) rocky...