Wyvern

It's been a while since I updated this blog, so I suppose I'd better get my arse into gear and get on with it.




This is a wyvern figurine I got from an acquaintance a very long time ago, in the mid-late '80s. It's rather crudely cast, and I strongly suspect that it was a home-cast pirate miniature; I don't know the original manufacturer, though I imagine that I could probably find out if I put a bit of effort in to the task, thanks to the all-encompassing internet.

Much of the detail is painted on rather than modelled in. The wings were rather ill-fitting and needed a lot of pinning and filling; I did what I could to blend them in to the body with Milliput, but sculpting has never really been my strong suit.

I wanted it to be in a rather dusty, desertish colour scheme, rather like a rattlesnake (though without the patterning).

A while ago, a friend dropped it and bust its legs. I pinned it all back together and repainted the damaged area, and took the opportunity at the same time to remount it on a honking great big 50mm panel washer. That makes it a lot more stable than it was, which is all to the good.

Mount Anthracite – finished (probably)

Photos may be clicked upon to embiggenate. Now I've finished flocking Mount Anthracite, and photographed it out in my rather overgro...