15mm SdKfz 231 (6-rad)

 SdKfz 231 (6-rad) from Battlefront.

I added the Nazi air-recognition flag from Green Stuff, to cover up a nasty glob of resin left over from a miscasting fault. I could have ground off all the excess resin I suppose, but I would also have had to re-do the panel lines, so this was the easier option. In retrospect, it would have been easier (and probably given a better result) to use PVA-soaked tissue rather than Green Stuff. Live and learn.

I also had to replace the turret hatches; the ones supplied with the model were rather ill-fitting.

I have another one in the pipeline as well; I'd like to give it the big frame-antenna they used early in the war, but I'm not sure if my soldering skills are up to the task. I guess all I can do is try

2 comments:

  1. That does look pretty sweet for a Green Stuff flag. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had perfectly acceptable results from florist's wire glued with contact adhesive for wire antenna frames. They do come unglued occasionally if dropped, but it's simple enough to glue them back on.

    Regards, Chris

    ReplyDelete

BAOR Beginnings (Again)

I've made a start on a 1/150 scale 1980s BAOR force. I've done this before, not too long ago, in 1/300 scale , but this scale wil...