Wednesday, 23 June 2010
I decided the easiest way for me to run this would be by randomly drawing from a set of geomorphic tiles as the party moved through the trap, and to that end I designed this tile set. There are, I found, a few useful tile configurations missing; I may (or may not) get around to filling those in one of these days.
Each tile is about 170mm square, and is superimposed with a 25mm hex grid. You can grab a PDF of the whole set here (approx. 2.41MB).
As it turned out the party managed to get through by a combination of accident and brute strength – one party member was partially petrified and enormously enlarged, so when she fell down under her own weight she took down many of the hedges as well, and being mostly stone, she was immune to the constriction of the strangler-vine. That got them most of the way through, and gave them the idea of using tubes (I don't actually remember where the tubes came from) pushed through the remaining hedges and enlarging them enough to crawl through.